Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:21:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Nick Withers" <nick@nickwithers.com>
To:        pyunyh@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org, ariff@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/84471: [sound] [patch] no sound ICH4 (Analog Devices

On Wed, 19 July, 2006 3:20 pm, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 02:33:08PM +1000, Nick Withers wrote:
>  > G'day all,
>  >
>  > I'm attempting to convert a mate of my to the light side that is
> FreeBSD.
>  > Everything's working extremely well, with the exception of sound for
> his
>  > Compaq Presario B3800 laptop.
>  >
>  > I _believe_ that this is the same issue as described in kern/84471,
> which
>  > I believe needs to be re-opened.
>  >

(snip)

> How about attached patch?

Thanks very much for that, but I'm afraid it didn't solve the problem...

> --
> Regards,
> Pyun YongHyeon

Any other ideas? Cheers!

Oh, and Ariff: I tried setting ogain and phout to 100 both before and
after applying the patch / installing a new kernel to no avail, thanks for
the suggestion and interest!
--
Nick Withers
email: nick@nickwithers.com