Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:06:07 -0400
From:      "Russell D. Murphy Jr." <rdmurphy@vt.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   application specific key mappings?

Is there any way to re-map key combinations on a per application
basis?  I use a commercial application for which I don't have source
code.  I'd like to map familiar line editing key combinations to its
line editing key combinations (i.e. I prefer emacs/tcsh style).  I'd
like to do this under X; I can run this application in "console" mode
under emacs and re-map to my heart's content.  Xmodmap seems to re-map
for the whole session (all applications), which is not what I want.

Any suggestions?

( Please cc me as I'm not currently on Questions-)

RDM

--
Russell D. Murphy
Department of Economics