Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:00:04 +0300
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        "Vitaly Semkin" <freebsd@online.sinor.ru>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Setting up HP LJ1100

I've done it here. You need:
    1) ghostscript
    2) some russian fonts for ghost script

Play with the config files for ghostscript and printer daemon.
Now you can print postscript with russian. However, all russian
fonts that i found  for ghostcript are terrible and print from
Netscape looks really ugly (letters go over other letters, pictures,
borders etc). Don;t know about word processors for X.

ghostcript is in the ports and some filters are there too:
all the other parts you can get from
ftp://osiris.ipform.ru/pub/russian-p

Good luck!

Artem