Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:35:50 -0400
From:      doug reynolds <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dump/restore indexing question

I have freebsd 4.10 on one of my production servers.

I have been using the dump/restore combo to backup my drive, and I run a
nightly dump -9 on the /home partition, and most of the dump -9s are
dumped to a single tape since I don't have daily acs to swap the tapes
more than once a month or so.

I'm wondering if there is a utility that can index the dumps on a tape
and list the time/date for each dump on the tape.  I looked through the
dump/restore/mt  man pages, google'd, and looked though the ports
without much luck.

please CC this to my email, as I am not subscribed to the list anymore..

thanx in advance.