Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2012 07:32:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openjdk7 instead of openjdk6?

>> # setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/local/openjdk7
For Libreoffice, I made a mistake - should have been JRE_HOME. I also tried
JAVA_HOME before JRE but the error persists and causes libreoffice-base to
not work correctly -> can't connect to a MySQL server through JDBC
(described here:
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/LO-Base-connection-problem-td5759086.html)

> Does the program work?
Not correctly - starts but GUI functionality has problems.

math/scilab is just an example - There are several other java based ports /
3. rd party (not ported) programs that I would like to get compiled
correctly. The env setting JAVA_HOME seems to be central to the issue but
does not seem to have the necessary effect on the problem.