Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:45:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      youshi10@u.washington.edu
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: joomla ports - installation- multiple virtual hosts

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Vizion wrote:

> Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com> writes:
>> Just wonder if anyone is able to suggest a way of modify the Makefile
>> so as ro be able to install joomla, from /ports/www/joomla/, into a
>> chosen directory for a number of virtual hosts.
>
> Maybe I'm confused (I did bang my head yesterday), but isn't that
> exactly what ports(7) defines PREFIX for?  I.e., you should be able
> to set it in the environment without changing the Makefile.
>
> I believe you - but I know nothing about it. Does that mean using Prefix I can tell the port to install multiple instances of joomla each one going into a different path - one under each virtual host root?
>
> Maybe I am missing something too- unfortunately my head doesn't need banging for that to happen.<chuckles> If so could you give me an example of the command?

Well, you're probably right there (I usually don't climb that far under the hood defining values), but you probably would run into non-uniqueness and upgrade issues.

If only there was a multiple slot option for ports, such that ports could be installed in separate locations with similar start / build options. Dependency checking and updating for that would be a mess though :(..

-Garrett