Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:27:19 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Postfix/fetchmail problem

I've set up postfix, fetchmail, and courier-imap on a FreeBSD box (4.10)
and got it working - for one account. When I added a second account it
goes wrong; all mail gets sent to the user that fetchmail is running as.

My .fetchmailrc contains

poll pop.myisp.com protocol POP3
         user mark with pass "xxxxxx" is user mark here
         user maureen with pass "yyyyyy" is user maureen here

which matches one of the examples in fetchmail(1), which also says,

"It's possible to specify more than one user per server (this is only
likely to be useful when running fetchmail in daemon mode as root)."

so I'm running fetchmail in daemon mode as root and all mail from both
accounts gets sent to root.

This suggests that my postfix config is wrong but I can't figure out
why. Surely the ''is user <name> here'' in ~/.fetchmailrc should pass
mail off to postfix as <name>?

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0447-0, 15/11/2004
Tested on: 19/11/2004 09:27:20