Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 11:17:08 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Cc:        ac199@freenet.hamilton.on.ca, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uudeview port: plans to update?

Where on earth did you get that ac199@freenet address?  That's an
ancient ancient address and the MAINTAINER in the Makefile is correctly
listed as hoek@FreeBSD.org, not ac199@freenet.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:22:10PM -0400, Brian T. Schellenberger wrote:

> Tim--
>
> The current uudeview port is at version 5.13, whereas the current version of
> uudeview is 5.18.  Are there plans to update this port?  Since this program

There is a PR (ports/36575) to update the port.  I keep trying to talk
someone into committing the PR for me, but nobody's bitten yet.  I plan
to do it within this week.

Are you interested in becoming the new MAINTAINER?  If so, I only require
that you take over all three ports.

> Also, the porting-comments explain that:
>
> | This was originally one distribution for UUdeview, but I have broken
> | it up into ``libuu', ``uudeview'', and ``xdeview'', hopefully making
> | it cleaner and more useful.
>
> I see ports for "uudeview" and "xdeview" but not for "libuu" so I find this
> comment a little confusing.

The port is called "uulib".  I'll fix that.

--
If I could think of a two-line witty aphorism for you to remember
me by, this would definitely be it.