Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:45:46 +0000
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1rio_Gamito?= <gamito@netual.pt>
To:        Erik Norgaard <norgaard@locolomo.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Totally lost

Hi,

Well, actuallly, after i make a port upgrade with cvsup, i go to
/usr/ports (there's) a Makefile there, and do a "make install".
That Makefile enters an endless loop asking for libtool 1.8 (i think
this is the version), that it's not in the ports.

BTW, what's the difference in using cvsup or portupdate to update the
ports ?

This is so confusing, and i already read a lot about it.
Mybe i'm simply dumb, but i'm a Linux system's administrator for years
(i remember walking with Slackware in a pack of floppies, LOL :) )

Regards.
Mário Gamito

--
Mário Gamito
Administração de sistemas e desenvolvimento