Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:12:50 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        jesusr@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/13060: linux_base-5.2 fails to install

Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> > # ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found
> > # execution of script failed
> > # --
> > #
> > NEEDLOADLINK=           true
>
> Although the PR was submitted from a machine dated Aug. 9.  That
> doesn't mean the sources are current from Aug. 9, of course...

Exactly.

> Jesus, can you clarify?

I already sort of asked him.

> I'm almost tempted to suggest making NEEDLOADLINK the default,
> since more people than I expected are running blindly into it.

The changes I made to the Makefile are subtle. I've changed
	.if ${OSVERSION} < 320001
into
	.if ${OSVERSION} <= 320001
already.

So, I don't expect any problems on -stable machines. -current is a
different story altogether.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/