Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:09:12 +0000
From:      Xian <ian@codepad.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Realtek RTL8100C

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 23:09, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> > Sorry if its a bit basic, but have you tried turning the pcm volume down
> > and the main volume up if pcm was at 100% ?
> >
> > --
> > /Xian
> >
> > "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
> > Albert Einstein
>
> no, how do you do that ? i only have this volume thingie in my gnome
> desktop :) It realy does play doh, because the distortion time is exactly
> the time as how long the sound file would play. So if you have a song of
> one minute you have distortion for one minute.

I'm not quite sure what this volume thingie is but if it has more than one
slider bar on it, it could be quite useful. If one of the sliders is marked
PCM crank it down a bit and see what happens.
I have the Volume one at 100% and the PCM one at 80%ish (any more and I get
distortion).
If this volume thingie doesn't have a Volume and a PCM slider (and many
others) then aumix in the ports (audio/aumix) works nicely.
HTH

--
/Xian

"Finishing in second place, simply means you're the first loser"
Pouya Cat