Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:38:31 -0500
From:      "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPFilter and IPMon logging to syslog

 I have been doing some work with cleaning up my log files to make them
 easier to read, and for the life of me can't figure out how to get my
 IPFilter logs to stop going into the /var/log/messages log.  I have a
 syslog entry for local0.* /var/log/ipfilter.log which works great, and
 captures all the logs I want.  I have tried adding local0.none on the
 /var/log/messages line, but it seems to have no effect.  Can anyone tell
 me what I am doing wrong here, the below lines are from my syslog.conf
 configuration file.

 *.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err;local0.none
       /var/log/messages
 local0.*       /var/log/ipfilter.log

--

 Thanks,