Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:11:20 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?michael=20green?= <michaelrmgreen@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio, tty, vector, siointr etc

I've got a Byterunner tc800 set to 0x100 and irq 4 to
correspond with an Arnet 8 port for
use under SCO OpenServer for terminals (the mboard com
ports are disabled).

I'm having difficulty getting it to run under FBSD
4.6.0 (large numbers of dropped characters). Config
returns a syntax error when the keywords tty, vector
or  siointr (see below) are used. I've reviewed man
sio, LINT, handbook, and searched the maillist
archives, the www and Byterunner web site.

Could someone expand on the instructions in man sio
especially the hex flags code and the
use of tty and the other keywords.
device sio0 at isa? port 0x100 tty flags 0xb05
......other identical lines except io port..... irq 4
vector siointr

I've tried to implement software flow* control using
stty on the ttydx, ttyidx and ttyldx devices but ixoff
revert back to -ixoff.
* Its an existing 3 wire installation, running SCO
OpenServer.

Oh yes and what does this mean?:

You should set the 0x10000 flag (only in current yet)
as well, to avoid the case where a pending IRQ from a
higher port prevents sio`s test#3 from passing on a
lower port.

Thanks.