Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:49:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Cliff Skolnick <cliff@steam.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

I work on two machines, one with 2584 and the other with 4650 IP addresses.
This is under Solaris and still growing.

On 3 Jul 1999, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net> writes:
> > Does anybody know what the world record for IP addresses on one machine
> > is? '-)
>
> I don't know if it's a world record, but I know of two production
> servers which are about to be assigned 700 IP addresses each.
>
> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no

Cliff Skolnick          | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain
Steam Tunnel Operations |  a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty
cliff@steam.com         |  nor safety."
http://www.steam.com/   |                   -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759