Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:01:41 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Dan Bilik <dan@mail.neosystem.cz>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible fxp(4) problem in -CURRENT

At 05:46 AM 17/10/2005, Dan Bilik wrote:
>through it. It seems to be the same problem as described in PR
>amd64/82425 with one exception - there is no 'device timeout' in logs.

Its been a long time since I have seen

fxp0: Disabling dynamic standby mode in EEPROM
fxp0: New EEPROM ID: 0x48a0
fxp0: EEPROM checksum @ 0x3f: 0xf0f7 -> 0xf0f7

But, I seem to recall that when the driver detects this bug in the
fxp card, you need to power cycle the box.  But after that, you
should never see the message again.  On my old (i810) boards, I think
I would only see this problem in 10baseT mode, and 100 would not be
an issue (or perhaps the other way around, but its been a long time
and I dont recall exactly).

Not sure if thats your issue or not, or if the driver is incorrectly
seeing that bug in your rev of the fxp.  If thats the case, perhaps
work around it by modifying the code to not try and program the phy like it is.

         ---Mike