Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:44:00 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Micka=EBl_Can=E9vet?= <canevet@embl.fr>
To:        David Brodbeck <gull@gull.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS and NFS, can't see subvolumes.

--=-pJT5JjKlZ1G2z1lbuay1

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 12:15 -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Micka=C3=ABl Can=C3=A9vet <canevet@embl.=
fr> wrote:
> > Hi, I have a problem whith ZFS + NFS export.
> >
> > I have a zpool 'data' that contains subvolumes 'user' and 'group' that
> > also contains subvolumes.
> >
> > I share data (zfs set sharenfs=3Don data) and showmount shows all my
> > exports:
> >
> > /data   Everyone
> > /data/user      Everyone
> > /data/user/foo  Everyone
> > /data/user/bar  Everyone
> > /data/group     Everyone
> > /data/group/foo Everyone
> > /data/group/bar Everyone
> >
> > When I mount /data on my client, I see folders user and group, but not
> > user/foo, user/bar, group/foo, group/bar.
> >
> > Is there another way to see subvolumes on NFS client other then mountin=
> > every volume ?
>=20
> What NFS version are you using?  This works with NFSv4, assuming the
> client supports mirror mounts.  it will not work with NFSv3 or v2,
> unless you manually mount each subvolume or set up some kind of
> automounter.
>=20

I am using NFSv3. Indeed, it is working with NFSv4, but I have some
stability issues in this configuration and I saw on the mailing list
that it is not mature yet, at least in 8.1-RELEASE.

I will try with an automounter. Thanks for the trick.

Cheers,
Micka=C3=ABl

--=-pJT5JjKlZ1G2z1lbuay1

--=-pJT5JjKlZ1G2z1lbuay1--