Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 01:17:22 +0200
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        <fasi_74@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd in dos extended ?

> I haven't tried it, but this freeware boot loader claims to allow booting
> extended partitions--as many as you'd like:
> http://www.xosl.org/

I'm using xosl and yes, it is able to boot from extended partitions. The
problem is: FreeBSD doesn't support installation into an extended partition.
Nor does FreeBSD's fdisk support extended partitions. I'm using extended
partitions as /usr within FreeBSD but had to create the partition tables by
hand.

If buying a new disk is an option: Do it! Will save you a lot of time.

Ciao
Siegbert