Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:41:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jfreeze@freebsdportal.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need help with XFree86, 4.3R and ATI Rage XL card (fwd)

Hi

Can some kind soul help through my XFree86 battles.
I have 4.3R and just purchased an ATI Rage XL video card.
I checked the XFree86 video card compatability list
when I bought this card. It said that it worked with the
Mach64 accelerated driver.

After running XF86Setup, it cannot start the xserver.
It complained about "extmod", so I added that, but
it did not help.

Does someone have this card working. A good XF86Config
file would be nice.

Thanks much.

Jim

Jim Freeze