Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 1996 01:14:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Neal Rigney <neal@jennifer.pernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mysterious reboots

We have a problem with two 2.1.0-RELEASE machines.  One is a P5-100 with
64M and 3 2G SCSI drives with an aha2940.  The other is a DX4/100 with
32M and two Cyclades 16 port cards running with the stock driver and a
standard IDE HD.

Both machines spontaneously reboot occasionally.  The DX4 used to lock up
completely, but now it's begun rebooting lately.

Load doesn't seem to matter.  Reboots have occured both under high
load and low load with equal frquency.

The DX4 is running as a terminal server on a subnet, so it's running
gated 3.5 Beta 6(read the latest "stable" version).  The P100 is running
Apache, INN, and mail(I know, it's overloaded, I'm working on it).

There are no diagnostics printed either oon console or in the logs.  The
machine just reboots.

Any clues, or can you point me in the right direction to give more useful
info?

Thanks

--
Neal Rigney sysadmin, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net