Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:24:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      mestery@visi.com
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG, Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Subject:   Question about compiler

Hi all.  I have a question about building the compiler, and how some of
you have gotten it to work for freebsd-sparc.  I am attempting a port of
freebsd to the ARM right now, and am in the process of building the
toolchain.  I have taken some patches from the linux-arm people and have
built binutils-2.9.0.15, and am now trying to build egcs-1.1.1.  to
produce freebsd-arm elf binaries.  The problem I have is with libgcc.a.
I don't have one to use in the build process, and so the build dies
there.  How did those of you running freebsd-sparc compilers get around
this problem?  Did you get a libgcc.a from someplace?  Any help would be
appreciated!  Thanks!

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Storage Networking Group