Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:14:30 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Thomas Lee <tsixteen@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help! weird (yet compatible) cdrom error!

On Saturday, 21 November 1998 at 23:36:15 -0800, Thomas Lee wrote:
> hi!
>
> i just bought the Complete FreeBSD from walnut creek ($49 4 cd set).
> having a problem, FreeBSD detects all my hardware, even
> the ones ive had trouble with before (scsi), though i get this weird
> error right before installation, that actually prevents me from
> installation.. i stick in the cd and run the install.exe. after
> selecting my packages, i choose to install them. right then i get an
> error that says something like..
>
> 'this cdrom is an audio cd, not a freebsd release cd'
>
> then i cannot install anything. all i can hit is 'ok', then i get a
> retry/fail kinda menu. i've had no progress whatsoever, *any*
> suggestions you might have on this issue, please tell me, this damned
> thing has been bugging me all month, i'm really in need of your
> professional help! thanks.

I'd suggest you read http://www.lemis.com/questions.html.  If you
don't supply more information, there's little any of us can do to
help.  What kind of hardware you have, for example.

You won't be able to reply to me from this address.  Our domain blocks
direct mail from hotmail, since most of it is spam.

Greg