Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:58:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Christophe Yayon" <freebsd@nbux.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba trouble on freebsd 5.1

Hi all,

I am using freebsd 5.1 and Samba 2.2.8a, i have some troubles with samba
shares when i try to write something from windows to samba (share are
msdosfs) hang, and lost connection to the samba server.
Then, i need to down/up my NIC or reboot my server... Sometimes, it crash
with a kernel panic...

I tried the same transfert with FTP (on the same msdos share) and it's ok,
no problem... I also
tried with another NIC (Realtek and 3COM).

When i write on an UFS1/2 share from windows, no problem... Is there a bug
with msdosfs drivers ?

Someone could help me please ?

Thanks in advance.