Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 02:29:55 GMT
From:      marcd@tpg.com.au
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp configuration woes

Hi

I'm hoping some-one can help me with a little problem I'm having
configuring PPP.  It's for a system the will be acting as a gateway
for a network.  I can get the system to dial but am missing something
as I can't ping the net.  The system has a permanent IP but the
other end is dynamic IP.

The command I'm using to run is "ppp -ddial -nat ISP".  Routed is
turned on in /etc/rc.conf.

my ppp.conf is

default:

 #
 # Make sure that "device" references the correct serial port
 # for your modem. (cuaa0 = COM1, cuaa1 = COM2)
 #

 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set speed 115200
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK
ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set timeout 120
 disable pred1
 deny pred1
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 enable dns

ISP:

 #
 # edit the next three lines and replace the items in caps with
 # the values which have been assigned by your ISP.
 #

 set phone XXXXXXXXXX
 set authname XXXXXX
 set authkey XXXXX
 set timeout 120
 set openmode active
 accept chap
 set ifaddr 203.15.x.x 127.2.2.2/0
 add default HISADDR

The error messages I receive gnerally say cannot add defualt as it's
already in use.

I've gotne through both the handbook and The Complete.

TIA

Marc