Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:23:33 +0100
From:      Jurica Borozan <jurica.borozan@gmail.com>
To:        Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Cy Schubert <cy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cfengine36-3.6.1_3,1

Hi Steven,

I tested proposed solution which is partially ok.

XML processing is there but segmentation fault/core dump is still
present due to a problem in backup-ing processed files. Even more: I
tested non-xml functionality to investigate this "backup" issue and it
is there too. On linux there is no problem with this issue.

I would say this port is not ready for use until further investigated -
backup of processed files is important.

Thanks and regards
jurica

Please find bellow my reply to Cy yesterday:

I played with CFE source (3.6.2) code yesterday and enabled libxml2 via
configure (--with-libxml2=/usr/local will do). Unfortunately, xml
processing with throws segmentation fault on file write (non xml
processing is ok though).
LATEST: After further investigation, it seems to be an internal cfengine
bug on handling backups of processed files.

I spotted strange behaviour on (pkged and source made) cfengine: pkg
puts it in /usr/local/sbin but cfengine complains if not in
/var/cfengine/bin. If it is copied (or sym linked) into
/var/cfengine/bin then on first run it turns executables from
/usr/local/sbin to symbolic links. Maybe generationg with
--prefix=/var/cfengine would be better choice ? I know from linux it is
"happy" to be in /var since it has some "stuff" hard-coded to this
directory.