Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:54:21 -0500
From:      "Cameron Haegle" <chaegle@attbi.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache - 403 Forbidden

I managed to finally get my Apache server up and running followed by getting
PHP up and running.

Now I am trying to UserDir working.

I have found that is I specify http://myhost/~auser I get a 403 Forbidden
message that indicates that I do not have permission to access /~auser/.

But, if I specify http://myhost/~auser/index.html I can successfully bring
up the page.

The /var/log/httpd-error.log only states that the directory index forbidden
by rule: /home/auser/www/.

As far as I can tell I have configured the httpd.conf file correctly. I have
compared it to the httpd.conf of a properly functioning server.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Cameron