Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:43:17 +0200
From:      hans@lambermont.dyndns.org (H)
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.org, Antal Novak <afn@weevil.net>, Jonathan Atkins <jcatki@home.com>
Subject:   SOLVED Re: Imwheel problems++

Joe Clarke wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, H wrote:
> > I read most of the imwheel posts on -questions, but I still have a
> > problem with it.  Here's my situation: I use 'moused -z 4 -p
> > /dev/psm0 -t auto', moused  does see the wheel actions (I know
> > because I hacked it so that it prints +1 and -1 when I move the
> > wheel). I tried this with both a Logitech S48 wheelmouse and a
> > Microsoft Intellimouse. So far so good.  I run XFree86-4.1.0_7 from
> > ports on 4.4-STABLE with the following section in my XF86Config:
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >     Identifier  "Mouse1"
> >     Driver      "mouse"
> >     Option      "Protocol"      "Auto"
> >     Option      "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"
> >     Option      "Buttons"       "5"
> >     Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
> > EndSection
> I use:
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier  "Mouse0"
>     Driver      "mouse"
>     Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>     Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>     Option "Buttons"     "5"
> EndSection

Excellent. The line
    Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
actually broke it !

With this line removed the mousewheel works as expected. I'll copy this
to inform <doc@FreeBSD.org> about the error in the FreeBSD FAQ at
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/x.html#AEN3769

Thanks a lot Joe !

regards,
   Hans Lambermont

PS: Jonathan: imwheel using moused works fine with a Logitech M-S48a
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/