Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:30:42 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Chris Moline" <ugly-daemon@home.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: spontaneous reboots: how common in general?

You can start by #define DEBUG in /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/atapi.c but in
my opinion a more fruitful method is to contact the developer and
ask if you can box up your CD and ship it to him for a few months
for him to see what's going on.

>While I am at it can one read an unfixated disk??

official line is "only on a cd burner" but I'm sure that some non-burner
drives could with enough work.

>In windows I use the iomega software that came with the drive and it
>seems to be
>able to read unfixated disks. Or am I missing something??

Ask Soren Schmidt if there's anything in the acd driver that will keep you
from reading unfixated disks.