Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:11:55 -0900
From:      Kirk Brogdon <kirk@alaptech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mail list blackout periods

I've noticed that I will often have blackout periods where I receive
nothing from this mail list.  This can last for a few hours or a day
or more.  I can receive mail from other sources - both local and
outside, just not from the list.  Is this normal or do I have something
set up incorrectly?  The messages do eventually come through I just
get hit with a couple hundred all at once and then I receive fine for a day
or so then it blacks out again.  I am using sendmail 8.11 (with a
8.9.3 cf file - but it did this before 8.11 also).  Nothing in the
/var/log/maillog files seem to indicate any problems.  No recent
cattle mutilations either.

Just curious - Thanks

Kirk
--