Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 95 9:31:17 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        jmb@kryten.atinc.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MIT SHM X11 extensions? (fwd)

> >Or did you think I was talking about the VTEXT flag being set on the kernel
> >vnode?
>
>    How could I have thought any different??? That **was** what we were talking
> about.

Ah.  You missed that the VTEXT flag appeared in a discussion of the origin
of the "mv, don't cp the kernel" legend.

I was explaining the origin of the legend, and refuting it for the kernel,
while showing why it could still be a problem elsewhere.  That is, "every
legened has a basis in fact".

Good to know that I'm not going insane.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.