Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:07:41 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <rileyj@train.tgci.com>
To:        Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>, John-David Childs <jdc@denver.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

Just to jump in here and bug someone else.  I had the same problem,
had configured the kernel fo snp, and eventually ran MAKEDEV snp0 per
John-David Childs (thanks!).

Then I tried:

#watch ttyp0

Got a blank screen and exited quickly.  (If it means anything I"m running
rc5v2 on ttyp0, the joint endeavor to break rsa 56 bit.)  And I'm doing
this remotely from a (network) telnet session.

Now I get this:

su-2.00# ls -l /dev/snp*
crw-------  1 root  wheel   53,   0 Jul  7 13:14 /dev/snp0
su-2.00# who
rileyj   ttyp0   Jul  6 15:14  (my ip stuff)
rileyj   ttyp1   Jul  7 12:50  (my ip stuff)
su-2.00# watch ttyp0
Fatal: Cannot open snoop device.
su-2.00#

Any ideas?