Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 15:38:19 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        art@neilson.ddns.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bpf

At 08:06 AM 5/13/98 -1000, Arthur W. Neilson III wrote:
>Installed 2.2.6 recently, am running generic kernel.
>I have a cable modem connection to the net
Be sure to enable firewalling and configure it. I've received at least 2
attacks just last night...some people just like to be jerks.

>Can't find free bpf: Device not configured
>
>This must be the Berkeley Packet Filter; how do I
>configure it for use with isc-dhcp?  Is it built into
>the generic kernel or do I have to add it in?

It's not in the generic kernel AFAIK. You need to add it with
pseudo-device   bpfilter 4
then MAKEDEV them.

>Is this the right mailing list for this type of question?
>
>Thanks!

I think -questions would be the better mailing list. -stable seems to be
more for people asking questions about new features in the -stable branch.

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@bigfoot.com ludwigp@chipweb.ml.org
ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org