Date:      Tue, 24 May 2011 10:34:25 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng how-to

2011/5/24 Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>:

> I wanted to give a quick whirl to pkgng on a test machine that I am setti=
ng up,
> but got a little bit puzzled about how to actually use it :-)
> That is, after some googling I know what its goals are, what its features=
 are,
> where to get a snapshot and some such. =A0But I really couldn't find how =
to get
> started with it and how to use it for basic day-to-day needs. =A0Maybe I =
just
> didn't look hard enough.
>
> Any help, hints and pointers will be appreciated!
> Thanks!
> --
> Andriy Gapon

I have to recognize that we lack documentation for pkgng, I'll write a
wiki page on this soon.
so to get information:
1/ the url of the project: https://github.com/pkgng/pkgng on the
bottom of the homepage it is written how to integrate with the actual
portstree
2/ the chan for the development: #pkgng on freenode
3/ to convert an existing base to pkgng: on the source tree there is a
ports/pkg2ng just execute it.
4/ be aware that it kills kitten and puppies
5/ this is alpha code, all the help is welcome, code, documentation,
review, ideas.

regards,
Bapt