Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:06:54 -0400
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
Subject:   RE: Abbreviations

}I'm sorry if this question is not directly FreeBSD-related, but I
}think it could help not-English (or not-American) people, like me, to
}better understand messages posted to this list.
}
}What do abbreviations like IMHO, BTW, FWIW, etc... mean?
}
}My guesses are:
} * IM(H)O: In My (Humile) Opinion

actually, it's "humble" or "honest"
-Otter

} * BTW: By The Way
} * FWIW: For What Is Worth
} * WTF: What The F*** (I hope I'm completely wrong here!)
}
}Please correct and/or fill this list, so I can understand what I'm
}reading!
}
}If you think that this list could be useful, it could be posted
}regularly like Greg Lehey's email or even appended to it, tough it's
}my understanding that he advises against using an unclear language
}(correct me if I'm wrong, Greg).
}
}		Francesco Casadei, from Italy
}
}
}To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
}with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message