Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 18:41:50 -0500
From:      "Trevor S. Cornpropst" <tcornpropst@novacoxmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd@molemanarmy.com
Subject:   Re: question not asked (sysadmin - Perl?)

On Sun, 09 Dec 2001 11:03:39 -0500
Marty Landman <marty@face2interface.com> wrote:

> At 03:13 PM 12/9/01 +0000, Wayne Pascoe wrote:
> >Marty Landman <marty@face2interface.com> writes:
> >
> > > I've got the following program
> > >
> > > #!/usr/local/bin/perl
> > >
> > > print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> > > use Cwd;
> > > for($root = cwd()) {print "Root eq $root"}
> > >
> > > __END__

I just tried this on my web server (apache) and it worked. First confirm your web server is configured correctly to execute cgi scripts by running <webroot>/cgi-bin/printenv. This script is provided with the Apache installation just for this purpose. If the script runs, you know your cgi handler is configured correctly. Then, I would start looking at file permissions.

HTH,

Trevor Cornpropst