Date:      22 Nov 98 20:28:55 NZDT
From:      Chad <chadtech@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help! weird cdrom error

hi!

i just bought the Complete FreeBSD from walnut creek ($49 4 cd set).
having a problem, FreeBSD detects all my hardware, even
the ones ive had trouble with before (scsi), though i get this weird
error right before installation, that actually prevents me from
installation.. i stick in the cd and run the install.exe. after selecting my
packages, i choose to install them. right then i get an error that says
something like..

'this cdrom is an audio cd, not a freebsd release cd'

then i cannot install anything. all i can hit is 'ok', then i get a retry/fail
kinda menu. i've had no progress whatsoever, *any* suggestions you might have
on this issue, please tell me, this damned thing has been bugging me all
month, i'm really in need of your professional help! thanks.

chad