Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:10:53 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>, mark@grondar.za, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: egcs and gcc

> .if defined(WANT_SHAREDLIBS)
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --enable-shared
> .endif
>
> in it.  That's not particularly friendly, I wonder why it was put in
> there, unless the feature is somehow broken?  I'm trying to rebuild it
> now to see what it then installs.

Because people like a previous poster thinks that eg++ should like
against /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2 which is plain WRONG.  eg++ is totally
incompatable with g++ 2.7.x.  So what happens when you move an eg++
produced binary to a machine that doesn't have EGCS installed?

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)