Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:42:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        ru@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recent interface/routing changes breaks on-demand PPP (+sppp)

On 30 M=E4r, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> [Redirected to -net]

Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to -net. Thanks.

>> If I use
>>   route add default -interface isp1
>> I wan't to have the packets routed trough isp1. I don't care about how
>> the routing table is held consistent, but I if the route is discarded
>> without my interaction it not only violates POLA, in this case it's
>> prohibits a valid use of the -interface feature (dial on demand via sp=
pp
>> is broken at the moment).
>>=20
> OK, finally got it.  When the interface goes down, the address is still
> valid, and there is no reason to delete (static?) routes that use this
> address, but the new code does.  I was confused by the code comment bel=
ow

I didn't have a static IP address. The only static thing in this context
is the interface the defaultroute is assigned to. At every
dial-on-demand I get another IP.

[Patch]
> Let me know if it works for you.

I give it a try and report later.

Thanks,
Alexander.

--=20
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.

  GPG fingerprint =3D C518 BC70 E67F 143F BE91  3365 79E2 9C60 B006 3FE7