Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:27:57 +0200
From:      Udo Schweigert <udo.schweigert@siemens.com>
To:        Niels Bakker <niels@bakker.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/42123: maintainer-update of mail/mutt-devel

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 07:00:12 -0700, Niels Bakker wrote:
>  pgp_create_traditional creates a body part with
>  application/pgp-signature as MIME type.

No, it creates text/plain. application/pgp-signature is created if
pgp_create_traditional is not set.

>  pgp_outlook_compat creates a body part with text/plain when
>  pgp_create_traditional is set.

The withdrawn patch didn't change anything if pgp_outlook_compat was set,
which is the reason why the patch was deleted.

>  These are two different things.  Outlook, earlier version of Eudora and
>  others choke on the former while permitting PGP signed mails of the
>  latter types to be verified.
>
>  Please reinstitute this option.

I don't see any advantage with that.

Anyway: there are some problems with 1.5.1 and pgp under FreeBSD, as - at least
for my setup - every pgp message is converted to utf-8, which is not really
supported on FreeBSD.

Best regards

--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC CERT, Siemens CERT     | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166