Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:59:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Jake Burkholder <jake@checker.org>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new-bus breaks both sound drivers

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Jake Burkholder wrote:

> > Hmm, you might like to try this patch and see what happens, there is
> > a missing old driver wrapper for the pcm stuff.  As a result, it's not
> > getting run from the isa probe.  Regarding the other driver, I'm not
> > sure what's going on there as the hooks appear to be present.
>
> Right on, that patch does it for me.
>
> pcm0 at port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa0
> pcm0: interrupting at irq 5
>
> I've got an old SB16 Value, non-pnp.
>
> mp3s aren't playing quite right with x11amp though, little
> skips here and there, they work fine with the old kernel.
> mpg123 seems fine, as does the sound in FXTV.
> I'll try making the world again.

I suggest using the old VoxWare with an old SB16, like I do. I was only
trying to use pcm temporarily because sbxvi is broken (fix isa_compat.h).

> IPFW works for me...but I'm loading the KLD.

I like having my ipfw rules there BEFORE anything happens, hence before
rc(5).

> my panasonic cdrom is no longer probed, it uses the matcd driver.
> doesn't show up in dmesg at all, but it does in the visual kernel
> config thing.  It's so old, I'm not surprised :)
>
> great work!
>
> Jake
> --
> we are but packets in the internet of life

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ __ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___/___/___/