Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, iedowse@maths.tcd.ie
Subject:   Re: NFS with IP aliases or multiple interfaces

:In certain setups with multiple network interfaces or IP aliases, nfsd(8)
:can send a reply using a source IP address that is not the same as the
:destination address of the request. This is explained in more detail in
:PRs 2858, 5964, 6412 and 9612.
:...

    Dave Sharnoff has the same problem w/ NFS on idiom.com -- he has dozens
    of interfaces and can't isolate NFS on one side of his firewall because
    it uses the wrong IP addresses.

    If someone else doesn't review, test & commit your patch, I will, but it
    may be a little while.  I need to get my commit privs back and have a
    bunch of other NFS-related stuff that is in the queue ahead of this.

						-Matt

:(These patches are against -stable, and while they appear to apply cleanly
:to -current, I haven't actually tested them there)
:
:Essentially these changes cause nfsd to register one UDP socket for each
:interface as well as the wildcard socket. On the kernel side, I have
:...
:Ian