Date:      Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:05:15 +0000
From:      freebsd-questions-local@insignia.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asus Terminator Tualatin Ethernet problems

I recently bought an Asus Terminator, the recent
one with the TUSC motherboard, and there is a problem with
the onboard SIS 900 NIC.

FreeBSD (4.5) seems perfectly happy with it in all respects
except that it is reported as:

sis0: Ethernet address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

so naturally there is no traffic.

I would be curious if anyone else has tried this or the earlier
CUSC motherboard and has had similar problems (or not!)

I should add that it works fine under Win2K with the supplied
drivers so I don't think it's a rogue board.

Jim