Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:08:50 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org, colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk, petefrench@ticketswitch.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will there be a 5.3.1?

> It's the C language. While it's claimed to be "portable," it really doesn't
> address integer size and endianism well enough.

All the more reason to be careful you might have thought :-) Mind you,
trying to explain to students why 'long x = 65535;' set x equal to -1
always made me feel like I was trying to appologise for the indefensible!

> Which ports were causing you headaches?

Unfortunately I really can't remember off the top of my head. I didn't
spend too long on it - it was probably amongst some of the stuff GNUstep
needs to work with, as the aim of setting the box up was to try and clean
up any 32/64 issues there. I intended to go back to it properly and work
out exactly what was going wrong at some point, but have not yet had the
time. Sorry, not very helpful I know :-(

-pcf.