Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 1995 01:25:50 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org (Jordan K. Hubbard), rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, phk@freefall.cdrom.com, mark@grondar.za, wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crypt code summary(2).

> If it's a business, and the people involved are employees, you can get
> them together; money is a powerful motivator.

Well, perhaps we should talk about that sometime.  I'm serious.  This
is the first time anyone has mentioned the words "money and merge"
together in the same sentence to me, and while it might not make one
bit of difference it does move the goal-posts enough to at least merit
a few quiet discussions on the side-lines.

> If you care about seperating file system types by whether or not you
> can use them in single user mode, I will need another directory that
> serves the same function and which is also searched, assuming the file
> system containing it is mounted.

It all sounds worthy of discussion, but we're in the wrong group for
that.  I would move any such proposals to arch@freebsd.org.

> Nice to know that you examined it so carefully without submitting *any*
> feedback on it (until now, and I still don't know what sources you used
> so I could go, get them, and make them work).

Ok, since I stuck my foot in it, why don't we start over?  Tell me
exactly what you'd like me to test and I'll give it a shot again with
a few programs I've got (like mgdiff) to test with.  If it turns out I
was blind or using the wrong sources, I'll be more than happy to post
a public apology to you on this list.  Fair enough?

> I have asked for host space for several projects.  I have plenty of space,
> but it is not net connected and is pretty damn useless for that sort of
> thing, you'd have to agree.  FreeBSD has the luxury it has because of

This, again, is the first time I've heard that lack of a place to work
was a sticking point for you.  Why didn't you come to me before?  I'd
be happy to make you a place to work somewhere on one of the FreeBSD
machines and I don't think that anyone else on the team would begrudge
you a chance to work as out in the open as we have the benefit of
being able to do.

Just say the word, Terry, and we'll jump through hoops to facilitate
you!  I am, again, perfectly serious.

						Jordan