Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2016 13:50:24 -0700
From:      <kristian.e.anderson@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   /etc/rc.conf - https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-dhcp.html

Hey all,

In section 28.6.1 Configuring a DHCP Client I noticed that my particular in=
stallation didn=E2=80=99t have an rc.conf. I grabbed a vhd of FreeBSD 11.0-=
RC3 r305786.

After using vi to create one I then rebooted my system and it worked like a=
 charm. Previously I had thought that ya=E2=80=99ll meant for me to use /et=
c/defaults/rc.conf so I had been previously using that one.

Somebody may want to jot in a NOTE about if a rc.conf is missing then creat=
e one.

Hope to see the change just in case others wonder about this.

Thanks!

~Kristian