Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 11:53:20 -0600
From:      Lee Crites <adonai@jump.net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bug in setsockopt()... ?

At 02:10 13-01-97 -0800, David Greenman wrote:
>   This is actually a bug that Garrett has on his whiteboard...
>
>-DG
>
>David Greenman
>Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

Dave (and others);

One of the things I've been very seriously considering now that my FreeBSD
system is coming up is completing work on my programming book (thanks to
some messages with Greg Lehey).  Anyway, a major portion of this book
concerns the different ipc functions -- sockets, shared memory, semaphores,
etc.  I have refined some classes over the past several years which I was
going to highlight. I figured I would complete the refining process on my
FreeBSD box and prepare them for publication here.

Well, this thread is making me somewhat nervous.  Being really new to the
whole FreeBSD world, I don't know where, or how, to check this 'whiteboard.'
Can anyone point me to a list of the bugs in the ipc functions?  Who are the
people working on them?  What kind of help do they need?  Can I try to abuse
some of the fixes for them?  Needless to say, if I'm going to write my book
and use FreeBSD as the base os for my source, I have a somewhat vested
interest in ensuring the os works.  And more than that, ensure it is
compatible with the other flavors of unix.

Thanks for any pointers/help you can pass along...

Lee