Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 18:15:07 -0500
From:      "Paul Stewart (Premier Networks)" <paul@premier-networks.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cabling Problem

Hi there.. I apologize that this is a little offtopic but I'm sure
someone on this list can help and I'm in trouble with time..;)

I have an MP16 from US Robotics and a Rocketport controller with DB-25
connectors.  I have rj-45 cables running from the back of the MP-16 to
the DB-25 breakout box using adapters.

The adapters are the problem according to my troubleshooting (hopefully
I'm right).

I am trying to find someone on this list that knows the exact pinouts
for use with a DB-25 to RJ-45 adapter.  I've tried a few different ways
in case I was backwards etc. in numbering and can't get either an NT
server or FreeBSD server to talk via the controller board to a modem.  I
have another MP16 and have tried that, no luck.. tried different
cables... even tried an RJ-45 to DB-25 adapter from one of my Cisco
routers and it didn't work (although it may be different for a
reason)....

If anyone can assist, I'd be greatful...

There's pictures of the adapter (on my FreeBSD mouse pad <g>) at
http://www.premier-hosting.com/adapter

Thanks for everyone's help.... much appreciated...

Paul