Date:      20 Sep 2003 10:52:18 +0200
From:      sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ppp and downloaded MBs

hi,
i use tdsl with my fbsd 5.1 release box. to establish the connection i
run:

$ ppp -auto tdsl
$ ppp -v /var/run/internet dial    # i used "set server
/var/run/internet" in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

so everything works fine but one thing is missing: on my linux box i
used pppd which logged the bytes sent and received so i could calc the
downloaded MB per month (cause i use MB limited dsl). but ppp does not
log these infos. it only logs bytes/sec which is not what i need.

any ideas how to calc the downloaded MB per month ?  or is there a
better way to establish the internet connection using tdsl ?

thx
seb