Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:20:43 -0700
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.55

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 03:00 AM, Doug Barton wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>> I just used portupgrade to update my SpamAssassin install, and it
>> hosed
>> my /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file.  This happened last
>> time I updated too.  That is the file that I should use for
>> customizing
>> right?  This shouldn't happen right?
>
> I can't speak for portupgrade. If you have version 1.45 of the SA port
> Makefile, this shouldn't happen, no. If you have an earlier version,
> you
> need to update your ports collection.

Well, I updated to the latest port via cvs (2.55) and I was updating
from 2.5-something, and it definitely wiped my local.cf file.  The
Makefile is version 1.45.  I doubt portupgrade is the issue, since it
just triggers the make and make install processes, but maybe I'm wrong
there.  In any case, portupgrade is commonly-used, and someone should
fix this problem.

It also happened when I upgraded previously to 2.5x from a pre-2.5
version, but I attributed that to the extensive changes in SpamAssassin
directives in 2.5.

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA