Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 03:03:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Fuzzy <fuzzy@pooh.ASARian.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   scripting problems

I want to write a wrapper shell script for a program,
and check its options and arguments for validity,
before calling the binary.

I can't find an understandable example of /bin/sh's
getopt. Would anyone have an example they could send me?

man getopt just lists the builtin commands and
there isn't a man /usr/bin/getopt. The book I use,
"Unix in a Nutshell" only lists the syntax and has
no examples.

Thanks.

--
Fuzzy                                                                _
fuzzy @ asarian.org                         - ASCII ribbon campaign ( )