Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:12:15 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Be careful what you say

I have just received a very abusive email from someone on this list.

I had chosen to explain to him in a way he did not like that he was
giving bad advice on a recent topic, and to explain why.

This person decided to call me a nazi (plus a few other random insults
thrown in, triteness, condescending, omniscient pretensions etc..)

If it is being a nazi to explain to someone why the information was
wrong then I guess I deserve to be lumped in with Hitler.

I am writing to the list, just to say that if the risk a person runs
when giving advice, or explaining something to someone who appears not
to understand it, is that they will be called a Nazi then I shall not
bother anymore.

Perhaps he should read his history books, I probably know a little bit
more than he does about what Nazi's did and still do.

By the way, you shouldn't take notice of anything I say, I just quote
from it all from manual pages and Introductory books on Computer
Science. Amazing I have got away with it as a paid job for all these
years.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>